Three ways to Sell!!
- Show-N-Sell: Scouts sell together as a group in front of stores. These sales are organized by the Pack and Troop. Show-N-Sells are a great way for Scouts to sell popcorn as a unit.
- Take Order: Scouts visit with friends and family asking them to purchase popcorn. Scouts may also go to their neighbors (parents should accompany the Scout). Orders are recorded on this order form and turned into the pack or troop.
- Online Orders: Scouts can ask people to go to our very own online store to order popcorn. This method works well for friends and neighbors who don't live close by. Popcorn can be picked up or it will be shipped in late November.
Each year the pack and Troop schedules a number of Show-N-Sell opportunities for our Scouts. This year we have scheduled the Lancaster Fair as well as four other opportunities for our Scouts. We need YOUR help to make these successful! Sign up is required - please visit the links below:
Please note Cub Scouts must be accompanied by an adult during the sale.
Take orders are another time tested way to sell. With a take order Scouts visit with friends, family and neighbors asking them to help support the Scout through the purchase of popcorn. Trail's End supplies a specific form for use on Take Order sales that can be downloaded HERE. Remember when out visiting neighbors all younger Scouts should always be accompanied by an adult!
Online is the best way to sell to family and friends who live out of town. Scouts can send emails asking family and friends to purchase popcorn online. Customers click on the link in the Scout's e-mail and can begin shopping right away. They order their products online and pay with a credit card. Once the troop receives the popcorn it will be boxed and shipped directly to their door or they have the option of picking the popcorn up. This year we are doing something a little different - we have designed our own webstore for selling popcorn! Our own webstore offers many benefits:
- More Selection
- Better Pricing
- Sales count towards earnings for Scout Accounts
- Sales count towards all popcorn prizes
The Webstore is now closed for the 2017 season. Please check back next year!
Earn $ in Your Scout Account
All Scouts who sell popcorn will earn money for their Scout Account. Both the pack and the troop will deposit 10% of a Scouts gross sales in his own Scout Account. Sales from Take Orders, Show-N-Sells and Online orders all count. This money can be used to pay registration, pay for trips, pay for summer camp and purchase Scouting related materials.
Selling Couldn't Be Easier!!
In addition to earning money for their Scout account selling Trails End popcorn allows our boys to earn some really cool prizes. Once again Council has come up with a VERY COOL prize program.
- Each Scout can select a prize from the Prize Brochure based on his individual sales.
- The top seller for the pack and troop will each receive a $50.00 Visa gift card (One gift card for the pack top seller, one for the troop top seller).
- Each Scout that sells 1 item will receive a participation patch
- Sell one of each item Trails End offers and earn a one of each patch
- Sell one product in our online store and earn an online patch
- Sell one military donation and earn a military donation patch
- Sell $750 or more in product and earn a seller's club patch and a bonus RC Truck
- Sell $1000 or more in product and earn a top seller's patch
Earn Money for College!
Did you know you can earn money for college by selling Trail's End Popcorn? Each Scout that sells $2,500 or more in popcorn during one calendar year is enrolled in the Trail's End Scholarship program. From that year forward until the age of 18 the Scout will earn 6% of qualified sales for their personal scholarship account (max of $1,000 per calendar year). You only need to hit the $2,500 mark once!
Don't think it can be done? A few years ago a Scout in Pittsburgh, NH sold a little over $5,000 in product. It can definitely be achieved!
Download information and the application HERE
Take Order starts NOW!!!!
8/31/2017 thru 9/4/2017 Help Sell Popcorn at the Fair
9/16/2017 9:00 – 1:00 Show-N-Sell Lancaster Shaws
9/30/2017 9:00 – 1:00 Show-N-Sell Lancaster Shaws
10/06/2017 4:00 – 7:00 Show-N-Sell Lancaster Shaws
10/20/2017 4:00 – 7:00 Show-N-Sell Lancaster Shaws
10/26/2017 6:00 – 8:00pm at All Saints Church – All Show and Sell orders must be turned in. This also includes your prize selection!! Please note: We will have staggered times, please watch your e-mail.
11/21/2017 6:00 – 8:00p,at NorthWoods Manufacturing – Popcorn Distribution Please note we will have staggered times, please watch your e-mail
12/07/2017 6:00 – 8:00pm at All Saints Church – Popcorn Money Turn In and Cub Scout Rechartering Please note we will have staggered times, please watch your e-mail
So Where Does the Popcorn Come From?